Bacon Beer or Broth Cheddar Spread
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 1 cup farmer’s cheese* or cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided**
- 3 strips cooked bacon, finely crumbled
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp. beer or broth
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In the base of the Power Chef® System fitted with the blade attachment, combine cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar, bacon, hot sauce, beer, garlic, vinegar, salt and nutmeg. Cover and pull cord until well blended. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Clean Power Chef® System to prepare for the next step.
- In the base of the Power Chef® System fitted with the blade attachment, combine pecans and remaining cheddar. Cover and pull cord until pecans are finely minced.
- Remove cheese spread from refrigerator, form into one large ball, several smaller balls, or log, and roll in pecan-cheddar mixture until well coated.
- Serve immediately with a variety of crackers, breads, vegetables or fruit, or refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days.