Mermaid Ombre' Cake
Author: Tupperware Handout
Recipe type: Dessert
- 16 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 small eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- Grease and flour the Microwave Stack Cooker 3-Qt./3 L Casserole , 1¾-Qt./1.75 L Casserole and ¾-Qt./750 mL Casserole; set aside.
- In the base of the Power Chef® System with paddle attachment, add melted butter and sugar. Cover and pull cord until well blended.
- Transfer butter mixture to a medium bowl; mix in eggs, cream, yogurt, vanilla, baking soda and corn starch. Mix in flour until well blended and smooth; batter will be thick.
- Divide batter evenly between the three casseroles.
- In the 3-Qt./3 L Casserole, stir in 12 drops of desired food coloring. In the 1¾-Qt./1.75 L Casserole, stir in 8 drops of desired food coloring. In the ¾-Qt./750 mL Casserole, stir in 4 drops of desired food coloring.
- Stack and microwave on high power 12 minutes or until cake is cooked and a toothpick inserted into
- the center produces a moist crumb. Remove from microwave. Transfer cake layers to cooling racks. Let cool completely before frosting and decorating.